A responsible company
The team cares about the environment and takes concrete action by giving a second life to thousands of pieces of computer equipment per year.
The STLR is a company of La Relance, a non-profit organization that helps its community.
A workplace where difference is seen as a strength.
- Get paid to learn a new profession
- Contribute to a social and environmental cause
- Be part of a solution-oriented team that helps each other learn
- Join a welcoming, attentive and flexible workplace
- Working hours are daytime, Monday to Friday
- The team shows understanding to accommodate interns who have personal constraints
What does it mean to be an intern at the STLR?
- Be part of a team that sorts computer equipment, tests it, disassembles it and refurbishes it;
- Contribute to the refurbishment of more than 24,000 computers per year and thus reduce consumption at the source;
- Provide quality and low-cost computer equipment to schools, libraries, community organizations, etc;
- Whether or not you have a background or experience in computer science
- Receive basic WHMIS and ISO14001 training;
- Learn the different steps of refurbishing IT equipment.
The departments in which you will be able to work
Reception and sorting
Recycling and dismantling
Parts & Inventory
Cleaning and shipping
“My internship at STLR allowed me to develop organizational skills and teamwork. I’ve grown both personally and professionally: I’m more confident and I improved my speed of execution. I perfected my skills daily, which is very rewarding. I feel confident about starting my future job and recommend the insertion internship program to people who want to gain work experience and grow.”
– Sasha, intern at Service Technologique La Relance
“How would I describe my internship at STLR? I would simply say that I loved the experience. I enjoyed working in an environment that respects the limits of its interns. The internship is well organized, the training is relevant and I enjoyed working in a dynamic environment. I’ve also had the pleasure of working with people who have always encouraged me. To describe my internship, three words come to mind: respect, support and collaboration!”
– Rosalie, intern at Service Technologique La Relance
Start your internship here!*
To be eligible, you must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years old inclusively (at the beginning of the internship)
- Have legal authorization to work in Canada
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status in Canada
- Not receive Employment Insurance (EI) benefits during the internship
Are you involved with a group of people who might have an interest in an internship?
Contact the email@example.com to schedule an information session. Our team will welcome you or go to you to present internship opportunities.