National Technology Centre for the Computers for Schools program funded by Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
Welcome to the technological and ecological world of La Relance: the STLR
- Collect used computer equipment from the federal public service in the National Capital Region (NCR).
- Refurbish used computer equipment with the help of CFS trainees.
- Deliver refurbished computer equipment to provincial and territorial affiliates across Canada.
- Distribute computer equipment to eligible customers of the Computers for Schools (CFS) program.
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) funds the Computers for Schools (CFS) program. This national program refurbishes computers donated by government, private companies and individuals for distribution to schools, libraries, non-profit organizations, indigenous communities and eligible low-income individuals.
STLR in numbers
Since 2000, the STLR has refurbished more than
Our company in La Relance, the STLR, aims to achieve the highest standards in terms of:
- Environmental protection
- Meeting compliance obligations
- Continuous improvement of its integrated OHS-E management system
Our environmental commitments:
- Diligently comply with applicable laws, regulations and standards and systematically and periodically assess our compliance with legal obligations and other requirements;
- Communicate with suppliers, local authorities, governmental and non-governmental organizations, and other partners and interested parties of the organization regarding relevant elements of our environmental management system;
- Identify, assess and responsibly manage risks and opportunities related to environmental aspects, compliance obligations and other stakeholder issues and expectations;
- Set objectives for the continuous improvement of our environmental performance, allocate the necessary resources to achieve these objectives and regularly communicate our results;
- Train and develop the skills of our employees and inform our suppliers about sound environmental management and the importance of improving environmental performance;
- Limit the impact of our operations on the environment through the efficient use of resources and implement measures to prevent pollution;
- Plan, implement and improve operations to integrate sustainable development concepts to offer innovative solutions that meet the needs of our clients;
- Continuously improve its environmental management system in order to improve performance related to the management of environmental aspects.
Every year since 2011, the STLR has been ISO 14001 certified.
ISO 14001 is an international reference framework applicable to any type of organization in the field of environmental protection.