Employment Integration Program
Acquire practical work experience and make money during a hands-on internship at a real company.
The Employment Integration Program is intended for young people who are experiencing difficulties in the labour market. Through a paid 20-week internship, participants learn how to overcome these challenges, and also acquire practical experience in the workplace.
To participate in the Employment Integration Program, you must:
- Be between 16 and 35 years old;
- Not be attending school full-time;
- Be unemployed;
- Be having trouble finding or keeping a job;
- Speak English or French;
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
In this program, you will:
- Acquire positive work experience with a real company.
- Develop your job-related personal and social skills.
- Learn to change the behaviours and attitudes that can make it hard to find or keep a job.
- Learn about and apply job search tools and techniques.
Examples of potential internship placements:
- Housekeeping attendant (light and heavy duties) at Hebdo Ménage
- Day labourer, electronics dismantling at Valoritec
- IT assistant (technical) at LRTS
- IT assistant (non-technical) at LRTS
- Cleaning and packaging clerk at LRTS